Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Yesterday was my birthday. It was actually one of my better birthdays. The day ended with dinner with my friends, and then going out for karaoke. It was a lot of fun, and I like being able to bring people together.

I started out the day by going to visit AJ's new farm in Ocala. I got there the night before, and we went out for dinner and chatted. He wants me to come work for him. I would be his go-to person, and make sure everything gets done, as well as be in on decisions with him. I would also be doing his books, which would be a great use of my degree. The trainer he has working for him is Belinda Nairn, who got to the Olympics twice. She regularly goes to Holland and imports horses for clients. She is importing some for AJ, one in particular that I would get to ride and show. I really love working for Erin, but I think this opportunity is too good to pass up. I talked to Erin about it today, and we started throwing around ideas for ways to work out me staying here, but I don't think it's going to work. And now that I know Erin understands my situation and is supportive, even if a little sad, I am getting excited for the new opportunity again. There is a lot of potential gain, which also means it's risky, but I know that I can always come back here if it doesn't work out. Plus, the qualities in me that have yielded me success this far are still there, and I get to take them with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment