Sunday, August 29, 2010

After talking with Jean and Erin about the opportunity, they offered for me to stay on as Erin's assistant trainer. I would have been riding more, which I would have been happy with, and I initially told AJ that I was going to stay at Valhalla. But, he still wanted me to come down and have a lesson with Bilinda on Forrte, which I did. Bilinda teaches a lot like Erin, which made me very comfortable with her. She took me aside later and told me that she wanted me to come, and also told AJ that she thought I was a very good rider with a lot of feel, but that she also liked the fact that I am coachable. I got to thinking about what a good opportunity I was passing up, and I changed my mind.

I have only been here 2 days now, but I feel like I made the right choice. AJ had to start from scratch here, so everything is new. What a difference to the run down place I am from! Not only is everything new, but AJ also gets the best in quality in everything. The barn has the best of everything, including this bedding that never has to be taken out - all you need to do is pick out the poop. Forrte has been in his stall for 2 weeks now, and it is true to its word. The house is also furnished with top quality furnishings, new beds, etc. The kitchen is going to be redone. For the office he went out and bought the best laptop McIntosh makes, and got me an incredible new phone. All those things are nice, but they are besides the fact that he has one of the best trainers in the country, and has imported some of Holland's best horses. Cinderella, the 3 year old filly, won 4th place out of 100 horses that had been each picked from 100 horses. She is really going to be something. I am very excited for how the future looks for me right now, and I am enjoying every moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment