Monday, January 25, 2010

When it goes too long between updates to my blog, I never know where to start. Jake went home, so it is back down to me and Beth. We had Sam helping us out for a few days, but that didn't work out. Jean is talking about taking Tracy off doing morning feed, so that will increase our workload yet some more. It will be manageable, but means that either our days will be longer, or we will work fewer horses. With the sunset becoming later, my guess is that it will be the former.

The pictures are up on the website, and seeing professional pics of me up on a sale page has really helped me to feel professional. Erin has recently complimented my riding as well, saying that it has come along a lot farther that she has even realized. Gilda just came for the weekend to visit and ride Luc. She is very pleased with his progress, and I am very happy to see that he is growing up and taking his job more seriously. She is going to let me start showing him in February! I also have a 3rd client horse, Luna, in training with me. She is an older mare, 12, has had a few babies and has not been ridden in two years. She is quite the project. She is very out of shape and crooked. She seems to like working, but is a bit of a bully on the ground. I think it will just take some time for her attitude to come around. Jean seems to really like her - she is BIG, and is by her favorite stallion, Martini.

Word about John is that he had been telling us that his dog got in to some poison and died while living on the streets. This turned out to be false. However, Jean was still talking to him and trying to work out a way for him to come back. John called me, presumably to talk about the situation. So, when I called him back, I told him that I had been thinking about it, and I did not want him to come back. I explained that on top of the fact that I do not feel I could trust him again, I think it would be better for him to find a place to work where he can have a fresh start. He then said that he was never even considering coming back, and that he just said that because he thought if he did, everyone would forgive him. I told him flat out that his lying and manipulating like that was the number one reason why I did not want him to come back. After saying that, he twisted it and twisted it until he was pointing back at me. At one point in the conversation he said "this is not the worst thing that has ever happened to me, nor is it the worst thing I have ever done." I ended the conversation by telling him that I forgive him, yet I don't want him back in my life, and that I hope that he gets things straightened out for himself. The next day I told Jean what happened, and told her that I think he needs professional help.

I am into week 3 of Business Law - the final class needed before graduation. I am keeping up with the reading and the majority of the discussion. It is tough, but it's not as bad as I thought it was going to be. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment