Tuesday, July 28, 2009

We got on the road again by 8:00 this morning, and arrived at the farm around 6:30. I really enjoyed the drive today. Tennessee is beautiful, and my mom and I have started making plans for a visit to Nashville at some time in the future. The foliage in Georgia is beautiful as well, and we bought some peaches along the roadside that I can't wait to eat for breakfast tomorrow. Once we got into Florida, we started seeing the Spanish Moss, which I think is just beautiful.

Here is a little story for the fellow "Princess Bride" fans. We had stopped at a gas station to stretch our legs and get some snacks. Just before we got out, the dog, uncharacteristicly, farted. We went inside, I got a drink and some honey roasted peanuts. As we all piled back into the car, I said to the dog, "No more farting, and I mean it," and then turned to Mom and Hillary and said "Anybody want a peanut?" I don't think they fully appreciated the hillarity of it.

Anyway, as we arrived to the barn, I stopped to say hello to everyone, and was greeted very warmly. The people here are so nice, and supportive. I thought they were kidding when they commented on the fact that they were already making plans for what I would be doing when I got here; but when I spoke with Jean, the barn owner, she made it sound like I would realistically be riding 5 -6 horses a day! I will have an opportunity for my own project horses, young horses, as well as some of the more trained horses. I will be working closely with Erin, and will be getting a lot of instruction. This is exactly what I wanted! I know it will be a lot of hard work, but I am looking forward to that as well as making connections with all the people out here.

1 comment: