Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Today was Kat's last day =( Hannah is off tomorrow, so we are going to have a dry run of working with just the three of us. Today was a really good day. I got on Kite for the first time today, and she was perfect! I am excited to see where she will go from here. The other horse I am starting, Nachi, is going to take a lot longer. Kite was really calm and accepting of everything, but Nachi is scared of everything. She even jumped when I lifted my foot to place it in the stirrup. She is going to take a lot more ground work.

Rezzi's owner, John, came by today too. Beth and I rode both of his horses for him so that he could see how they were coming along. Afterwards, we rode into one of the pastures with a pond so that John could get some pics. When he left, we went for a walk around the pasture. Beth ended up hitting some hotwire, her horse jumped into the pond and almost went into a tree, but Beth managed to stay on. Rezzi saw the whole thing and hardly reacted at all.

I had a pretty good ride on Adeline. I am riding her for the judging program, so I am getting her prepped. I am actually pretty pleased with her because she is round nearly 100% of the time now, and is letting me get in and ride her a bit without having a fit. She is a very sensitive and opinionated mare. We actually did some of our first canter half passes the other day!

Felicity had a little bit of a spill the last time I rode her, so I am trying to build up her trust and confidence again. She needs to work on turning! I am working through that with her on the lunge line. Today I took her out in the field afterwards and did some work out there, and she was very happy. She is such a doll, I can't wait to see the progress in her.

No comments:

Post a Comment