Monday, September 21, 2009

Last week I had two days off to visit Amy in Orlando. It was like a vacation to me! We went out for dinner and then drinks at the piano bar, Jelly Rolls, on Tuesday night. The piano players were great and knew all the song suggestions except one that Amy requested. However, they took a break and came back to play it and it was wonderful! Wednesday morning we slept in then went swimming in their private pool and then went to have a big lunch which included two desserts. Yum!

I have been stung by a hornet while turning out one of the stallions - twice. The first time I didn't know what it was, but two days later my leg swelled up and turned red and itchy. My leg was so swollen that I could not even get my riding boots on. The next time I turned him out I saw some orange bugs flying around, thought that maybe that was what stung me and tried to go around but got stung anyway. We sprayed the area and killed them all. That was yesterday, and my ankle is starting to swell up now. It's weird that it takes so long for the symptoms to show up. Erin and Iris gave me an accupuncture treatment this morning, and I have been taking a homeopathic remedy that is supposed to help rid the toxins from my body. Just to be on the safe side, I have also been taking benedryl and spraying it with Lanacain. I don't think anything has made any difference and I am pretty sure that my ankle is going to be very swollen tomorrow.

Today is my day off, and I had some homework to catch up on. Now that is done, and I am actually bored. We don't even have a tv over here yet.

John and I ran the farm by ourselves the other day. We were dreading it at first, but it actually turned out to be a great day! We left some of the horses out that didn't need to come in for special feed or treatments, which saved us a lot of work. We both got to ride quite a bit, and even went out in the 40 acre field to do some conditioning work. I took Luke out, and even though he was bratty at first, he got much better by the end. John said that work would change his attitude, and he was actually much better in the ring the next day. We will see how he is now that he has had a day off. John and I did not finish work until 8:30 or so, but we both agreed that it was a pleasant day.

Della has gone home. We are still not sure if she has decided on a horse. Rebecca is expecting a lot and starting to complain about the work. She has also been staying with her mom in Gainesville, rather than staying on the farm with the rest of us. The past two days she has been late. I can't wait until Tiffany comes back, because she is going to straighten out a lot of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment