Wednesday, September 2, 2009

I took Boscoe to the barn with me this morning to join me for turn in. He was really good! He stayed by me, did not get underfoot of the horses, and did not bark at anyone. Of course, I had meat chunks in my pocket, but whatever works! There are lots of other dogs for him to play with out there, since most everyone has dogs. Some day he may be able to stay with me all day, but just mornings for now is fine. If he gets along with Erin's dogs, he could stay with them in the tack room while I am riding during the day, but he would most likely bark while he is in there at this point. I am happy and my dog is happy!

I rode 4 horses both today and yesterday. I am trying to get as much riding in while I can. Once Tiffany, our barn manager, leaves for vacation, I am going to be expected to feed the barn, which will cut in on my riding time =( My riding is improving daily, and Erin says that I am very teachable. Of course, I still have a lot to work on, and I work out lifting weights and doing yoga when I am at home to increase my strength and flexibility. Erin pushes me pretty hard some times. Some times I feel like she thinks I am riding terribly, but at the end of the lesson she always says that she is pleased with me and that things are getting better over all, which really means a lot.

We are thinking about going salsa dancing again tomorrow night, if we get off work early enough. I also got my textbook for the class I am taking next semester. It is going to be a lot of work to keep up with school, but I am sure that I can do it.

Iris gets back from Brazil in a few days, which I am starting to get uncomfortable with. She does not like living with a dog. John next door has a puppy, there are two empty rooms right now, and the new girl coming in has a small dog as well. If we can get a washer and dryer in there, I think it would be better for me to just move in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment