Monday, September 14, 2009

Let me 'splain, no there is too much, let me sum up.

Rebecca is staying next door with Iris, and Della (the 15 year old) is staying with me and John. Della is very nice and is a very good rider. She is trying some of the horses here and will probably go home with one. Mocha II is one that I have been training. She was interested in him at first, but he is not quite ready yet, he still needs some more development. I think she is going to buy Falcor, who is a good match for her, and who she rides very well.

Rebecca and I did not get along at first, but we have worked things out and now the barn is running smoothly again. However, Drew and Tiffany have turned in their notice to Jean and will be leaving in a couple weeks. They are going to get their own place to focus on training, selling, and showing their own horses. They are going to be missed greatly, and we are all going to be scurrying to run the barn without a manager for awhile. We are getting it done right now, but it is stressful.

John is starting to really stress about it, since a lot of the responsibilities fall to him. However, John got kicked while working with a young horse today, and he may have broken his arm. He does not have insurance, so he did not go to the doctor. It swelled up a lot and looks very painful.

Erin has been showing more confidence in my riding and has been having me ride more of her horses. In fact, she pretty much gave me Adeline, a black mare, to train. I am also beginning to work with Bosho, a new gelding of hers. I am really excited about Bosho, since he is very talented and gorgeous! He is a tall chestnut horse with beautiful movement. He is from Wisconsin and came to the farm the same weekend I did. His owners basically gave him to Erin since they were having so much trouble with him. I have only ridden him once, but Erin said that it was the best she has seen him go.

Both Glory and Luc's owners have come to visit their horses. Glory was really good, and I think Camille is very happy with her. Luc has never offered to buck with me, but he did when his owner was watching me ride. I am always disappointed when the horses do not show their owners the progress they have made, but at least she saw me work it through with him, which is why he is here in the first place.

I get two days off starting tomorrow! Amy is in Orlando with her family, so I am going to meet up with her. We are going to go out on Tuesday night, and then perhaps lounge around on Wednesday. It will be great to see her as well as get out to see different parts of Florida and relax!

No comments:

Post a Comment