Saturday, September 5, 2009

Things do not slow down around here. They just go from crazy to crazier. We are getting two new girls to help us. Of course, no one knew exactly when they were coming. One of them is taking my room, and I am moving next door, so I sort of needed to know when she was getting here. Thankfully, most of my stuff got moved today, and she is coming tomorrow. I am staying the night at my old place because I need to get a new bed. I absolutely will not sleep in the bed provided at the other place, the mattress is probably 30 years old, and with my back I cannot do it. Of course, I will take the bed with me when I move from here.

Erin wants to take me floating down the river tomorrow on my day off, which I would love to do if I have the time. I need to get a hair cut, oil change, bed shop, and unpack tomorrow. Classes start in a few days as well, and I need to get some reading done. I really don't think I am going to make it, but it would be good for me to at least try. Next week Amy is coming to Orlando, and I am going to take a day and a half off to visit with her, so that will be a nice break from the farm at least.

I had 3 really good rides today. Luc is improving each time I ride him. He is getting his leads right almost every time, and he hasn't offered to buck at all, which is why his owner put him into training in the first place. It really gives me a lot of confidence to be able to get through to a horse like that. Glory is getting more fit and energetic every day. She has some issues bending to the left, but as long as I keep in mind that it is hard for her, and not that she is being naughty, we are able to work through it. I also rode Mocha II today. He hardly did any head tossing, and his back is getting stronger. We have been doing a lot of canter work, which really seems to help relax him. The young girl that is coming is interested in him. I think she might buy him when she sees how well he is going, and that would be a good opportunity for me to make a little more money. The good news is that with the extra help, I should be able to ride more.

No comments:

Post a Comment