Friday, August 21, 2009

Last night, John, Tiffany, Anna, Cameron and I went into Gainesville to meet Luke for salsa lessons and then to a salsa club. Luke is an advanced dancer, but the rest of us were in the beginner group. We had a lot of fun, and we are planning on going back for more lessons.

The salsa club was unlike anything I had ever experienced before. First of all, there was zero alcohol involved, and I quickly discovered that I am quite shy when it comes to dancing, especially when I don't know the steps. However in salsa dancing, the man is really supposed to lead the way, so if you are dancing with a guy that knows what he is doing, you can fake it pretty well to onlookers, though your partner is likely to know that you are clueless! Most of the dancers there were really good, and it was like being in the club scene from Dirty Dancing. It was really fun to get Tiffany out dancing since she doesn't tend to go out very much.

We stayed out too late and got a late start this morning. The family that does our hay and cleans our stalls is also on vacation this weekend, so we have to do that ourselves. Being down a couple people (Laura and Andrew) means that the majority of our days this weekend will be spent doing those things, with little opportunity for riding. However, we also have clients coming, so that throws our routine off further. I like having variety, so I am really not complaining, and it is sort of nice to have a break from riding.

Jean has also started talking to me about a potential new training horse that she would like to bring in for me to work with. This would mean a little bit more money, which would be great!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment