Sunday, August 2, 2009

The clinic is still going on, so we are working long, slow days. I rode 3 horses today and worked 12 hours. Once the clinic is over, we will have a more normal schedule and I will get to ride more.

It has rained every day since I got here, but the rain is warm, and blows over very quickly so it is not too much of an inconvenience unless a storm comes around turn out time (like today), because then we have to wait to turn the horses out. It has been in the 90s every day, but we do not typically work directly in the sun, and the covered arena is very comfortable, so I have been adjusting to the heat quite well.

Erin has given me a few lessons and thinks I have a lot of talent. She thinks my position is good overall, but I am working on shortening my reins and getting my hands more in front of me, and to bring my right leg more forward.

I rode Glory B today for the first time today. For being a draft cross, she is actually nicely forward and bends easily. She is really cute under saddle, and is going to be a lot of fun once she gets into shape. For now though, she is about 150 pounds overweight, and can only do a little bit of work before she gets out of breath.

Boscoe is very happy here and is making friends with all the farm dogs. Got to run, need to get some sleep before starting it all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment