Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Today I got my second training horse! His name is Luc, and he is a Trakehner/Quarter horse. He is 6. His owner has not been riding him consistently, and has had some trouble with him. I lunged him today and rode him a little bit, and she said that he was doing very well with me. It is nice to make a little extra money, and I am starting to really feel like a professional equestrian! It feels really great to have been here less than a month and to already have two paying clients.

Glory B is doing fabulously. She seems to have some allergies, so sometimes our work is interrupted by coughing fits, but now that she is starting to have some fitness, we are starting to get some really good work. I am having a little trouble bending her to the left, she wants to throw her left shoulder in, but otherwise the transitions and the lateral work are really coming along. She has a really cute medium trot and really tries hard! I have started wearing spurs when riding her, just to get her a little quicker to the leg, and have had good results so far. I am actually thinking about getting a new pair, since the ones I have are a little more than I really need with her, and are too much to wear with any of the others.

I had Sunday off and went to Jacksonville beach, to see the Ocean. I had a really nice time and acquired quite a sunburn. But, it was a little empty, since all of my friends were working and I had to go by myself. I really don't mind doing things by myself, and stopped for a nice slice of pizza, but when I think about it, I do feel a bit lonely from time to time. I have been talking to John, and he has been saying that we need to go on a "date" some time. Tomorrow night we are going to watch a movie if we get done with work on time. Otherwise, though, the group of us do tend to do a lot together. Anna is going to be leaving next week, so we are going to go out one night, as well as have a cook out. Fairly regularly we also go out for breakfast at the Whistle Stop. I am really looking forward to going out on Saturday. We are meeting Luke again in Gainesville.

No comments:

Post a Comment