Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Today is going to be another 14 hour day. However, I was able to break away after my morning chores and renew my drivers license, and I am on a short break right now. Now I have a Florida drivers license! Yay! Unfortunately, the picture sort of illustrated to me that I really need to get my hair cut. I was trying to grow it out, but I really don't think it does anything for me, especially since I don't have time to deal with it most of the time. And I really like it short, and it's way too hot for long hair, it's typically in the mid 90s during the day, with it reaching 90 by 10:00 am.

I took Glory out in the 40 acre field for some conditioning work. She had a really good time and behaved nicely. Everyone at the barn thinks she is so cute, and her owner is coming this weekend to see her. I am going to try to get some pics of me riding her as well as some of the others. I also had a lesson on Arella. Arella is a tense and nervous mare, but has a fair amount of training. I tend to do well getting the tense ones to relax once trust is established, and as long as I stay balanced mentally and physically. It was my 3rd ride on her today, and I had some very nice work, but she does want to swing her haunches in when cantering right.

I rode Honorbound today! He is so cute, and I think he is going to be my project horse. He looks so dapper in my black and white tack. He has not really had any consistent work, so I am excited to see how he will respond to the training. He does get a little strong and wants to pull and sticks his head up in the air. I am working on not letting him pull me out of position while asking for bending. We had moments of very nice work, and he even started to stretch down at the end of the ride, which Erin said he never did before.

After my break I am going to work with John and ride Wassail. Wassail is a youngster that John started, who is now at the point where he is ready for some more dressage training. I might end up taking over riding him as well. I am averaging riding 4 horses per day right now, which I think is very good, given how hot it is. Once it starts to cool down, and I am in a little better condition, I hope to increase that to 5 or 6 horses per day, but that is hard to do when I have to groom and tack up my own horses as well as helping Erin with hers.

1 comment:

  1. I think your hair was PERFECT at your going-away party. It's very flattering at that length. As far as the heat goes - that's what ponytails are for! Keeps sweaty hair out of your face AND off your neck. :)

    ReplyDelete