Monday, August 10, 2009

Today was a pretty good day, though I was exhausted for most of it. It was really hot today, and I had to work outside in the sun a lot. I also had to feed the outside herds again this morning, but John helped me - and thank goodness for John! He actually made it fun and we did not have too many problems with the horses.

Erin took the day off, and I ended up working 8 horses myself today. It felt like quite the accomplishment! Glory is getting better at the lateral work. Her owner is coming to visit this weekend, so I should be able to get some nice pictures this weekend.

I had a seat lesson with Anna on Wyanette (who bucked again on the right lead canter) and Anna said that I am a very pretty rider, which was very nice to hear. But hopefully I am also effective! The other rides I had today were not memorable, but I had some really good ground work today. Herzi, a 4 year old chestnut that I told Erin I want to help start, was very good today. The other day I put a saddle on him for the first time, and he bucked a little bit, but today there was no bucking at all. He is so sweet and very sensible, so I think he will be a good one to work with to get experience starting young horses.

Honorbound is another young horse that I have been working with. Today I free jumped him. I think he is 5 now, and he used to be a stallion, but they gelded him because he was too much of a handful. I saw him ridden the other day and he was just lovely. He is black with a stripe on his face and 2 socks. He looks so dainty since he is really refined, but he has so much presence and confidence. I hope to start riding him this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment